The Audit Trail module is designed to give you full insight into significant actions taken on your site. The "Audit Contexts" is composed of the several parts (contexts).
What are the "Contexts"?
The Audit Trail monitors key activities on your site and records events as they happen. Contexts are created to group those activities.
Important: Audit Contexts settings are not available in Shield 10.1 and onward. Audit Trail logs everything instead.
What are the main Audit Contexts and how do they work?
There are 7 main Audit Trail contexts available and each one of them has its own purpose:
- Users And Logins - Tracks activities related to the users and logins
- Plugins - Tracks the activities related to the plugins
- Themes - Tracks the activities related to the WordPress themes
- Posts And Pages - Tracks the activities related to the editing and publishing of posts and pages
- WordPress And Settings - Tracks the activities related to the WordPress upgrades and changes to particular WordPress settings
- Emails - Tracks the activities related to the email sending
- Shield - Tracks the activities related to the Shield
To review your site activities, use "Audit Trail Viewer".
For more information about the Audit Trail, read the blog article here.