Shield Security plugin is composed of the several parts (modules). Dashboard module is the most important part of the Shield - it contains sections for the basic plugin settings.
The sections available are as follows:
- Plugin Defaults
- General Plugin Options
- Global Security Plugin Disable
Please note that Shield guided walk-through wizards are now available for Dashboard module. More information on this can be found here.
Dashboard sections explanations
Section: Plugin Defaults
This section contains important default settings used through the plugin. Those are the following:
IP Source - Is a method of retrieving the user/visitor IP address. There are several methods:
- Automatically detect visitor IP
- REMOTE_ADDR - (recommended)
Note: If you don't know what your particular IP address is, please see here: https://onedollarplugin.com/my-ip/
For better understanding the Shield plugin and the Visitor IP address detection, read the article here.
- Report Email - Enter where you want Shield to send email reports
- XML-RPC Compatibility - Enable this if you need XML-RPC functionality to by-pass login protection rules. Please read the article here.
Section: General Plugin Options
The options available within this section are as follows:
- Enable Information Gathering Module - Allows us to gather some information around your use of the plugin. Please read the blog article here.
- In-Plugin Notices - If you want plugin specific notices to be displayed, use this option
- Show Plugin Badge - Display plugin badge on your site. Please read the article here.
- Delete Plugin Settings - Removes all plugin options when you deactivate the plugin. If this option is disabled, all plugin settings will remain.
This feature helps you to automatically import options and deploy configurations across your entire security network. To find out how this feature works, read the article here.
Note: Import/Export feature is available with Shield Pro only. To find out what the extra features for Shield Pro are, read the article here.
If you want to set up Google reCAPTCHA for use across Shield, enter your "site" and "secret" keys.
Please see here on how to do that.
You can also choose your own reCAPTCHA style (including new "Invisible reCAPTCHA"). Read more on this here.
Note: This option is available with Shield Pro only. To find out what the extra features for Shield Pro are, read the article here.
Section: Global Plugin Security Disable
You can use this section to completely enable or disable Shield plugin and all its modules.