Guided walk-through wizards are added in particular areas of the Shield with the purpose to help you to perform certain actions easier (see below).
Note: This option/feature is no longer applicable to the latest version of the Shield Security plugin and is here for reference purposes only.
The wizards currently available are as follows:
- Shield General
- Getting started setup wizard - An introduction to the Shield Security plugin, helping you get setup and started quickly with the core features.
- GDPR Data Wizard - Walks you through the searching and removal of personally identifiable data.
- Options Import/Export Wizard - Walks you through the import and export of options, as well as configuring ongoing automated options-sync.
Note: This uses features only available to Pro-licensed installations.
- Login Guard module
- Two-Factor Authentication Configuration - Easily setup multi-factor login authentication, using Email and Google Authenticator. Also, helps you setup email authentication reliably on your server, verifying that your site can actually send emails.
- Hack Guard module
- On-demand Plugins and Themes scan - Walks you through the scanning for any changes to your plugins and themes.
- On-demand WordPress Core File scan - Walks you through the scanning for unintended changes to your official WordPress core files.
- On-demand Unrecognised Files Scan - Walks you through the scanning for unrecognised files present in your WordPress core installation.
How to access Shield wizards
We’ve provided an easy-to-access link which will bring you to a page that lists all the wizards for the module and let you pick the one you want.
To access the wizards:
- Click to go to the particular module inside Shield Security, on your WordPress site (i.e.Login Guard).
- You'll see a button on the upper-righthand side next to the "Options" (see the screenshot below)
- Click this to launch the available wizard(s)
For more information on wizards for the Login and Hack Guard modules, read the blog article here.