Shield Security has 2 file system scanners to detect and automatically repair the integrity of your core WordPress folders:
- Core File Integrity Scanner - Detects changes to WordPress core files
- Unrecognised Files Scanner - Detects files in your core folders that shouldn’t be there
When enabled, these scanners run automatically each night and together they ensure that your WordPress Core is in mint condition.
These scans ere limited to once a day, but now, with Daily Scan Frequency feature, you can increase the frequency of these scans to run every hour (up to 24 times/day).
A lot can happen in 24hrs and we feel more frequent scanning is prudent to catch infiltrations more rapidly.
Daily Scan Frequency feature can be found under the main section for the Hack Guard module. (See the screenshot below)
How to set the scanner frequency
To set the scanner frequency, simply select the frequency you’d like for the scan, and click to Save.
The default schedule is once every 24hrs but you can run scanners at the following intervals:
- 1 hour – 24 times per day
- 2 hours – 12 times per day
- 3 hours – 8 times per day
- 4 hours – 6 times per day
- 6 hours – 4 times per day
- 8 hours – 3 times per day
- 12 hours – 2 times per day
- 24 hours – 1 time per day
Note: You can also set email notifications.
Scan notification emails settings can be found under the Reporting module here.
For more information on Daily Scan Frequency feature, read the article here.