There are a few basic, and a few more complicated system requirements for a website to run WorpDrive WordPress backup.
WorpDrive is one of the most web hosting compatible backup services in the world. Period.
We've broken down the requirements into 2 categories - Basic and Advanced.
- 99% of web hosts support these requirements and they are critical to WorpDrive support..
- PHP Version 5.0.0 or higher.
- FTP, SFTP, or FTPS access.
This is the more complicated side to WorpDrive compatibility. But don't worry, it's easy!
When you run through the WorpDrive activation wizard, it will test everything.
To do a WordPress backup, we need to access the database. To access the database you have 2x options:
- Remote MySQL - supported on 99.99% of web hosts.
- PHP exec() function. This is usually restricted by most web hosts.
If you're not sure about enabling Remote MySQL, please contact your web host.